The items listed for sale on this page are offered
by the individuals who own them. Precision Boat Works, and the author, take no
responsibility in what is offered here. There are no guarantees, expressed or
implied unless offered by the owners. Not responsible for typos.
Reminder: If you purchase a used Precision sailboat, be
sure to sign up for factory news and information.
This is a nice used P-15 with a few scratches (none serious) and many modifications to make single handing safer and easier. The main sail and roller furling jib are older but work OK. Most of the running rigging is fairly new.
• Mast raising system
o Mast gin pole, 4:1 blocks and cam cleats to make stepping the mast easy.
o Athwartship mast support to keep mast from moving sideways during single handed mast raising whether on land or on the water. It can be left in place while sailing.
o Mast crutch that allows mast to be slid aft from storage position to stepping position. Beefed up mast pin to keep the mast base square in the pulpit.
o Main sail has slugs to ease raising and dropping and a PVC cover for the slot.
• Underhung electric motor to make docking a cinch or get you home if the wind dies.
o Hinged mount places the motor immediately forward of the rudder, out of sight and out of the way, but ready to use anytime. The motor can be swung up out of the way when trailering.
o 52 pound thrust Navigator motor. Minn Kota EM55 controller in custom Starboard storage/control box in stern with hand held remote.
o Two Optima D34M AGM batteries with switch and CTEK 3300 chargers.
• Custom sailpack, lazyjacks, blocks and cam cleat to allow hoisting, dropping or reefing the sail, while holding on to the tiller, even in a wind. An additional cam cleat on the port side allows furling the jib from the back of the cockpit. Jib sheets are run to cam cleats at the aft end of the centerboard box.
• A boom vang and Boomkicker are mounted to control the boom even when the sail is dropped, easing the adventure of reefing while underway.
• Blocks and cam cleat to allow reefing the sail from the cockpit without standing. Added a cam cleat to control centerboard pennant – much easier!
• Custom laminated tiller is shorter than the stock tiller and has the ability to lock in place. The original tiller is also included.
• Custom Sunbrella Supreme boat cover that can be used with the mast up or down, moored, on a lift or on the trailer. There are also custom storage covers for the jib, rudder and tiller.
• The galvanized trailer has guide-ons and a simple capture system to allow single handed recovery, even if the boat wants to spin in the wind when you pull up the center board.
• The trailer has a tongue extension to assist in launching and recovering from a shallow shoreline.
• An extension atop the mast allows the use of a rotating Hobie Bob or a Windex 10, both included with boat.
• A collapsing three-step stainless steel ladder mounted at the transom to make it easy to get back into the boat from the water. This boat also has the optional Precision outboard motor mount. There is a nylon sling in a pouch that can be attached to the ladder to allow a motor boat with a ski rope to assist with righting the boat.
Location: Kimberling City, MO 65686 Asking Price: $2600 Contact: Bruce Kroger, 6302053191
Precision 21, 1991
New jib and main sail battens in 2015.
Honda 5 HP outboard
Factory mainsail cover and tiller cover.
Has a VHF and older Magellan GPS but have not used either since purchase in 2008. Stated as working at that time.
Anchor, porta-potti, water tank/sink, alcohol stove Location: New Jersey Asking Price: $6500 Contact: Dan, 9087824584
Refurbished and updated 23' with refurbished Performance Products dual-axel Trailer and 2013 Yamaha 6 HP in excellent condition. Mainsail w/2 reefs, roller furling 150% Genoa, Strongtrack, Running Rigging & U-Stack all new in 2013.Freshly painted hull, chrome handrails, boom kicker, rope clutch, upgraded Anderson winches, solar battery charger, Tack-Tick, ground tackle, port-a-potty and much more. You won't find a cleaner Precision 23 anywhere. Location: Sarasota, FL Asking Price: 22,500 Contact: Doug Fisher, 941-951-0189
Precision 23, 1996
Completely updated 1996 Precision 23' sailboat
2011 Tohatsu 6 HP motor in excellent condition, less then 10 hours
New Precision mainsail w/2 reefs
New Schaefer roller furling jib
New "Sailors’ Tailor" P-23 custom cabin cover
Six all new Lewmar portlight windows (no leaks)
Boat always stored up on lift out of the water, no blisters
Two cockpit cushions in excellent condition
All wood trim updated or replaced with non-wood material
Working VHF radio, AM/FM/CD/Aux sound system with four audio marine speakers, two inside and two outside
Refurbished Performance Products dual-axel trailer – all new, brakes, lights, rollers and new bunker boards and cloth on port side
Additional photos and info are at www.highlandwebworks.com/p23 Location: Dallas/Fort Worth Asking Price: $17,000 Contact: Jack Schroeder, 817 485-1922
Considered to be a “maxi-trailerable”, the Precision 23 far outstrips many boats in terms of true usable space, both on deck and below. Special emphasis has gone into giving the P-23 her particular bright and uncluttered interior. The bulkheads are intentionally trimmed back to avoid subdividing the visual space. Of special note, the typical intrusive mast compression support has been eliminated by clever use of a rugged overhead support beam fiberglassed to the deck. The especially large companionway, six opening cabin ports and forward hatch contribute to the feeling of light and open space. The double berth forward is generous which along with the port and starboard settees will accommodate 3 or more. The portable head has a dedicated space forward and a fixed galley starboard of the companionway is convenient to both cabin and cockpit. The teak cabin table can be stowed under the forward V-berth. The Precision 23 hull represents a very careful refinement of the basic form that has proven so successful in all of Precision’s well known trailerable cruisers. Lively performance, reliable handling and high stability are all the hallmarks of these designs. They feature a sharp waterline entry, substantial topside flare forward and powerful quarters taper to a shapely transom. This precise combination of features avoids the trim and handling problems that less well balanced hulls suffer when heeled. This design provides a reassuring margin of both reserve buoyancy forward and ensures more knockdown stability. The well proven internally ballasted shoal draft fixed keel with fiberglass centerboard used in the Precision 23 is the most practical solution for combining upwind efficiency and stability. This design allows the dense internal lead ballast to be placed as low as possible for increased stability. And the fiberglass centerboard is easily raised / lowered by a single Dacron line. The centerboard provides lift for great pointing ability yet is easily raised for increased off wind sailing. The P-23 features a simple fractional rig mast that is easy to point and with her short spreaders and inboard chain plates, upwind performance is impressive. A generous cockpit 7’3” long with comings high enough to keep your crew secure and the low sleekly styled cabin house provides excellent visibility forward. The cockpit seats are angled for maximum comfort both heeled and at anchor - the result of a careful ergonomic design. A ventilated fuel storage area and large cockpit sail locker round out the roomy cockpit. The Precision 23 is a well thought out, meticulously detailed and carefully constructed trailer-able cruiser whose interior and lively performance will give you and your family one of the best sailing boats available in this size range.
Improvements: Cockpit compass and Depth Gauge, 2 batteries, cabin lights, 12 volt plug at custom navigation desk, shore power with 50' cable, battery charger, AC plug in cabin, Microwave, 2 anchors,chain and nylon rodes, plasteak steps on ladder, spinnaker and pole, new Dacron main and roller furling 155 genoa, 8 HSP Yamaha outboard, 4 new tires on trailer 2015.
Selling due to health reasons. Location: Bluewater Bay, Niceville, FL Asking Price: $22,500 Contact: Bob Powers, 615-969-2102
Submit an ad to sell your
personal Precision sailboat (no dealers please.) Short, simple ads using
the submission form are free. We reserve the right to limit ads and to
determine what is appropriate. For a more elaborate ad or to include a picture,
contact for pricing.